Offline indian passport status enquiry: following options are available for you to do offline passport status enquiry.
Passport status enquiry through telephone numbers:
- For each regional passport office, there exists a separate contact number.
- You can contact through telephone numbers and can thus come to know about status of your passport.
Indian passport status enquiry through regional passport office:
- You can also move to a regional passport office and can make queries regarding passport status.
Online passport status enquiry: You can do online passport status enquiry through following steps.
- Log on to its official web site which is www.passport.gov.in.
- At bottom of its home page, you will find an option of “status page”.
- You will have to select an option of city from drop down menu. You should mention that particular city from where you have applied for a passport.
- You will then move to a page where you have to mention name of city, your file reference number and year of registration.
- After you have filled all details, press submit button.
- You will then come to know about status of your passport.
Application and verification status enquiry:
- After you have applied for a passport, an application status enquiry is done by you in order to know about progress of your application. Application status tells you whether your application is in process or is ready for verification.
When verification of your application has been done by police officials then a verification status enquiry is done so as to know whether verification work is successful or is incomplete. After verification is successfully completed, then through a status check you may come to know about dispatch date of your passport.